Saturday, January 23, 2010

Family Addition Reality

Hi all!
This morning has been a lazy one
filled with family discussions,
while sipping coffee.

Dreaming...
Us wondering how long the flight to China will take.
Looks like about 14 hours.
The things we'll do.
James wants to do Tae Kwon Do in the town square,
like you see in the movies.
Joseph's heard that they have a Playstation 7 in China,
so he wants to check that out.
Yes, when the Hinsons dream, we dream big! :)

Discussing...
That those first few days Emily Margaret will cry a lot,
and how that's a good thing.
We want her to mourn the loss of the life she knew.
How we probably won't be able to use our cell phones in China,
without a gianormous fee.
Yes Joseph, that means placing calls and texting.


Preparing...
Until this morning I've given very little thought
about the stuff she'll need once she's here.
But after yesterday's meeting I realize it's time
to get my game face on. :)
My sweet dad kindly reminded me that my youngest
is seven years old, I'm truly starting all over.
The best part??
Since Joseph and James are 6 1/2 years apart
I've done this starting over before.
Only this time, I'll need pink!

Remembering...
That James' baby bed is in storage.
My bff Allison has my changing table.
She's using it for her new baby boy
until we need it again.
Aunt Rach has our Britax car seat.
Although after living through 3 kids
there's probably not much life left in it.

Considering...
How we'll do her nursery.
I'm pretty sure I'll be doing lots of DIY projects.
But I'll save the nursery for last.
When I have more nervous energy than I can stand!

Refocusing...
The classes we still need to finish.
The paperwork I need to obtain.
The baby girl I need to pray for.
And most importantly the God I need to thank.

Thank you as well for all your thoughts and prayers.
You're my cyber cheerleaders!
God's blessings on your Saturday, Sarah :D


2 comments:

Caroline Simas said...

Hi Sarah! Thanks for stopping in on my blog, Designing for the Soul. Love what you are about to do here! What a blessing and how fortunate Emily Margaret will be to enter into this sweet family! Stay in touch and wishing you many blessings and safe travel and your family begins a new journey together.
Joyfully,
Caroline

Kala said...

WOW! I didn't know that you were so close to bringing her home! I am so happy for all of you. We will continue to pray for Emily Margaret and the Hinson family.