Monday, March 22, 2010

Emily Margaret's Raining Fashion Statement

Hi all!
The weather here today was awful.
It was cold and sleeting,
the very definition of
G-R-O-S-S!


After running errands I came home
and checked the mail to find this...

we'll call it Emily Margaret's raining fashion statement! ;>


The cool part is how this cute
little number came to be mine.
I was visiting another family's 
adoption blog, when I came across
the coolest fundraiser.
They have a variety of prizes listed
and you bid on them.

I was super excited to win this raincoat.
Why??
Because rubber duckies was James' thing.
You see when we found out we were
pregnant with James we went shopping.
We shopped Babies-R-Us,
and a $3 rubber ducky was what Andy
picked out to buy for our new addition.
Of course I made fun of him,
and then it kind of stuck.
James had rubber ducky sleepers,
blankets, toys & even his 1st Birthday Party
was rubber ducky themed.

So it was only fitting that
the baby girl have a rubber ducky raincoat.
Because once she's home,
on days like today,
she's gonna need it! :)

God's blessings,
Sarah :D

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Aunt Rach will buy her all the PINK duckies she can find!

Chris said...

I just can't wait until I see her wearing this precious raincoat!!

:)

Amber Benge said...

First of all, that raincoat is ADORABLE.

Second, you are not going to believe what I did. I packaged up your bows, along with a few extras as a surprise and set it out for Josh to take to the mail box. I assumed it had gotten there safely and then I found it under neath a stack of church papers this morning! AHHH! I'm so sorry. Needless to say, it will go to the mailbox TODAY. Please forgive me for being such a ditz. Love always!