sorry I've been MIA!
I have so much to post about.
But first before I catch you up,
here's an old post I wrote in February
yet somehow never published.
ME, ADD really?! ;)
The sunshine is amazing today,
I can't wait to get my Mama Work done so I can enjoy the afternoon.
Speaking of sunshine,
I got a little ray of sunshine in my inbox this morning.
It came in the form of an award,
A Happy Award! :D
Here's the rules to accept this award:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. List who gave the award to you and use a link to her blog.
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to 10 bloggers that brighten your day and visit their blog to let them know!
UmKay, I can handle that!
So here it goes,
That Hinson Chic's Top Ten Things That Make Her Happy...
1. GOD - Because HE's so awesome! Sure, HE's bossy and boy does HE love to pull a girl out of her comfort zone, ahem International Adoption. But HE fills me up and carries me through each-and-every-day.
2. Jesus - Because let's be real, I don't deserve the relationship with THE FATHER that I've been given. I was a mess before and on most days still am. But because God sent HIS son, Jesus Christ, I've been forgiven all my ugly sin. And that my friend, makes me happy!
3. Andy, My Handsome Hubby - Yet another gift I don't deserve. He's loved me when I didn't know how to be a wife. Well, a good wife anyway. He's solid as a rock, soft as my favorite down comforter and would slay dragons for his family. Yep, just the thought of him makes me smile!
4. Joseph & James, My Boys - When I think of those wild and crazy little men I can't help but smile. I may be the mother, but they teach me as much as I teach them. They are each such wonderful individuals. They remind me of me, and they remind me of Andy and sometimes, they completely surprise us! Those fellas have my heart. I am blessed to be a part of their days morning, noon and night and that makes me happy!
5. Emily Margaret, My Daughter - Just typing the word daughter gives me chills! I thought I was through, until Number One spoke to my heart. HE's called me onto this adoption path which leads me to believe HE has total confidence in what the two of us can do together. You know, when HE leads and I follow. :) When I think of Emily Margaret my mind fills with wonder. I can only compare it to a child finding out that Santa is coming. I have no preconceived notions of what she'll be like (although I love to dream). I'm still amazed that she actually exists. Weird I know?! All this to say that Emily Margaret makes me happy!
6. Breastfeeding- Bare with me. I am a Lactation Consultant and have been for many years. I breastfed both of my boys, even when my Granny tried to get me to stop. She thought I was only breastfeeding because I couldn't afford formula (I couldn't) and offered to buy formula for me. Oh Nanny, you were just trying to help. :) The relationship that formed between this Mama and her children started at the breast. Breastfeeding is a part of who I am. This week I had the opportunity to work with several mothers and I was reminded, breastfeeding makes me happy. Being called to be a Lactation Consultant is my ministry.
7. Homemaking - Bare with me again. I don't actually enjoy the act of cleaning. What I do enjoy is the way it makes me feel. Not only do I feel like I'm performing the ultimate before and after DIY, I love the peace of a clean and ordered house. It makes me happy that I'm caring for my family when I make our house a home. And in all actuality the smell of Pine Sol alone can make me smile. :)
8. Crafting - I LOVE crafting. I'm a complete ADHD crafter which means, I do a little bit of everything and occasionally all at the same time. Furniture rehab, paper crafting, sewing, painting, holiday decor, they all equal one thing, Crafty Creations. Crafty Creations make me happy!
9. Shopping - Not the marathon shopping I did back in the day. The kind where I bought anything I liked and charged it on a credit card. These days shopping makes me happy when I find something fabulous AND I get it for a deal. Ah modern day thrifty shopping = happy smiling Mama.
10. Surprises - I love it when I'm pleasantly surprised by something or someone. Like when Andy called me Thursday morning and said "Hey, I'm off tomorrow and I'd like to take you to Decatur for a date. I thought maybe we could do some shopping, go by Target and grab lunch at Fulin's?!" Oh boy did that make me happy! :)
Thanks for sharing in the things that make me happy.
To keep the fun going I'm passing this on to ten other bloggers.
Visit them to see why their posts make me smile!
- Andy @ Life Advice & Such
- Rachel @ The McMommy Diaries
- Kala @ Three Little Men & A Mommy
- Katie @ Running After His Will
- Lauren @ Triple Blessings
- Allison @ The Swafford's
- Chris @ Layers of Life...
- Sunny @ Sunny In China
- Amber @ Striving For 31
- Tara @ Following Our Leader
God's blessings on your day friends, Sarah :D