Monday, December 28, 2009

CHRISTmas & Home Studies

Hi all, I hope you had a very Merry CHRISTmas!
Little Miss Emily Margaret may not be here yet,
but she had a pretty good CHRISTmas as well.

She got her first Santa gift...

A ladybug pop up toy.
No worries Emily Margaret,
James is breaking it in for you! :)

Franny & Frandaddy got her an Auburn football bear.


Franny also bought her first granddaughter a tea set.
And she insists that it's to play with.


Boompa & Gigi got her a beautiful cross Waterford crystal ornament.


Last but certainly not least, Nana & PaBill, Nanny & Op, Boompa & Gigi and Uncle John & Aunt Rach all donated money to our adoption account! We're a lot closer to bringing her home than we were before Christmas. Thanks everyone!!! :)

Tomorrow morning we have our 2nd home study visit.
We had to reschedule because our social worker Jennifer had the flu.
So the house is clean,
and the autobiographies are written and emailed in.
We also finished off what seemed like a ton of other paper work.
Here's Andy writing his adoption statement.

For those of you who love a good cry,
call me sometime and I'll share our adoption paperwork with you.
Nothing is more beautiful than your husband pouring out his heart.
God is bringing us through this and when He delivers us on the other side,
we'll stand closer together and have a beautiful daughter too. :)
I'll let you know how tomorrow's visit goes.
God's blessings friends, Sarah :D

7 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Love watching God's plans unfold for you. The are beautiful!

Chris said...

The gifts for your daughter are precious....especially the tea set!

And it is so sweet about your husband....'pouring out his heart'! I just can't wait to see you all together....(sigh)!

Good luck tomorrow!!

Kim & Dave said...

AMEN!! What a mighty God we serve! I love to hear how He provides so that ANOTHER precious child can find his/her earthly home!

The LORD provided every penny we needed to complete TWO international adoptions-& make four trips to Guatemala with all our family while in process with each one!

Amazing, isn't it!?

Your little Emily is very blessed-& she doesn't even know it yet! :)

Tara Anderson said...

It's SO fun preparing for our children to come home! I'm the same way with Andrew's heart toward our adoption...it makes me all teary!!!

Allison said...

There is nothing better than your husband pouring his heart into this in his favorite Liberty overalls. This is priceless and I can't wait to meet the little princess.

Amber Benge said...

Okay - first of all, I love the fact that your husband is wearing the same overhauls that my husband has also been spotted in.

Second, I wish I could read what he wrote. It is so precious when a man puts his heart out there like that!

Patricia said...

you are so right about the husband thing... when my hubby wrote his 10 page adoption profile i almost died from crying, not really, but it touched me in a way that i will never be the same. i knew we both wanted to adopt and i knew how much i wanted a child but to read why he wants this child tore me to pieces!
simply beautiful!!
i am loving your blog for Emily!!!