Sunday, March 13, 2011

Waiting... Is Hard To Do

Dear Emily Margaret,
How's my girl?
Are you happy to see that Spring's on it's way?
I'll bet you can't help but smile when 
you see the sun shining through the windows!
When you get home we'll spend hours playing outside,
soaking up that sun together.

Right now we're making our annual transition.
When we're jolted from cozy winter days to kick off,
BASEBALL SEASON.
Yes mam, 
not only will you know the love of football 
you'll enjoy the thrills of baseball too.
Brother James is working hard this year.
You'll love watching him play! 
Now don't worry about what you'll wear.
Ms. Allison already sent you a baseball hairbow &
Ms. Jennifer's determined to teach me how to sew cute pants.
You'll be well entertained AND well dressed. :) 

I've got to be honest with you baby girl,
sometimes I think I can patiently wait until 
November to bring you home.
Then other times I want to jump on a plane 
and scoop you up. 
There's just so much we want to protect you from.
Not to mention the things we want to share with you!

I'm still working on your Emily Margaret book.
It's the girl-iest book I've ever seen. 
There's more pink, glitter, sass
and bling than is legal.
Yep, you're gonna love it! 
It's Mama's way of bonding while we're apart.

Well it's your bedtime, 
so I'll let you run.
Daddy's sick so I need to check on him.
Be good baby girl.
Play sweet with your friends.
Obey your teachers.
And when you see the sun peeking through
the windows, think of your mama coming to get you!

Sending prayers, hugs & kisses your way.
God's doing His thang baby girl.
Oh how sweet He is!

I love you more than a hog loves slop,
and that's a lot of love,
Mama







No comments: