Monday, March 26, 2012

Learning to Pray

Just had to share this moment...
Today before lunch Emily Margaret and I bowed our heads. About 1/2 way through the prayer I felt a tugging on my hands. As I looked up I was prepared for two things. The first would be that she wanted me to wrap my praying hands around hers, like we sometimes do. The second was that maybe she thought the prayer was over. (If she's really hungry and the prayer runs long she'll try to end it herself.) Imagine my surprise when I looked up to see her shaking her head "telling" me she was saying the prayer. In shock I put my head back down but watched to see what she'd do. She kept her eyes closed and head bowed. As she silently spoke, I knew she was pouring out her heart to God. And as a tear rolled down my cheek, I knew God had heard not only her lunchtime prayer but my ongoing prayers as well. Our baby girl is making progress everyday. And although she still has a lot to learn, our sweet girl loves the Lord. Emily Margaret realizes, He's worthy of our praise. To that I say, Amen! :)
God's blessings friends!
Emily Margaret and Mama

No comments: